The Guidance Counsellor at St Kevin’s Community College works closely with School Staff, Management and Parents to provide a service to all students, which will assist them in making informed choices about their lives. For second level students these choices are focused in a developmental way on three key areas: personal, educational and vocational.
Personal Guidance & Counselling:
The Guidance Counsellor is available to meet with students to talk about any issue, which may be affecting them.
Educational Guidance & Counselling:
The Guidance Counsellor provides support at key moments during your time in the school. The Guidance Counsellor is involved in helping with the transition from Primary to Secondary School and helping with subject choices in Junior and Senior Cycle.
Vocational Guidance & Counselling:
The Guidance Counsellor works closely with students in 4th, 5th, and 6th year on career and College choices.
Your Guidance Counsellor:
- Counsels individually with students in brief sessions
- Consults with parents and families regarding concerns
- Consults with teachers
- Provides support during personal crisis
- Promotes a positive and safe school climate
- Is a Visible, Proactive, and Positive Support for ALL students.
Appointments can be made to the Guidance Counsellor by: